"Elementary (school)! my dear Watson."
They have two passages in the trailer from A Study in Scarlet specifically referring to when Watson was in the military. If Dr. Wat-chan is also a veteran I aM FUCKING G O N N A
alright guys. here i am to prove to you that the gavins are NOT descended from holmes. see they look nothing al—
frick abort abort their faces are the exact same shape abort abort abort
the static electricity of his hair was probably bad enough to begin with, but just think of how much it multiplied thanks to the jolt of justice
Capcom is livestreaming their TGS show, and that includes a special Dai Gyakuten Saiban presentation at 12:15 JST (a little less than an hour from this post!) While they might block out parts of the broadcast until after TGS, check it out to see Takumi walk us through the Joint Reasoning system, and maybe even a special court video as in years past!
The show is now live!
So I’ve been staring at him alongside sprites for about half an hour and I’m officially jumping on this bandwagon. His face takes elements from both brothers. I think we have our Great Grandad Gavin.
And here are full scans for Dai Gyakuten Saiban! In addition to giving us a decent look at the game’s visuals, there’s some new info as well:
- Ryuunosuke begins the game in Japan, where as a college student he’s involved in a certain case that puts him on the path to becoming a formal attorney. To better study law, he transfers to England along with Mikotoba, where he meets Holmes.
- Most of the story will take place in London, with Japan serving as the setting for Ryuunosuke’s first case.
- Court and investigation proceed in mostly the same way, but during investigations Ryuunosuke and Holmes will use “joint reasoning” - a system where, as Ryuunosuke, you must point out any inconsistencies in Holmes’ rapid-fire reasoning. (The example shown is Holmes accusing a witness of being a certain revolutionary.)
- Part of the reason they settled on 3D was to allow for a very dynamic camera to match Holmes’ high-speed thinking. Takumi jokes that Holmes really set the stage for the game!
- Takumi has a deep love of the Sherlock Holmes stories, so he’s trying to respect the character. Holmes is described as falling somewhere between the “storybook Holmes” and a “real Holmes” - a man who focuses maybe too much on his investigations, but isn’t a bad person at heart.
- Ryuunosuke and Holmes’ meeting is a key point of the game.
The first full trailer for Dai Gyakuten Saiban is here! Subs will be added shortly.
“MAYA! NO! We’re not doing this again!”
So me and my friend were talking about how Phoenix suddenly became so mature and wise after the third game to which I replied “I’m sure it was just because Maya was absent. If she was there, He would revert back to his dorky self.”